SOLAR GRID or OFF GRID CONNECTED SOLUTIONS
Skip Navigation Links
The system is modular and allows for a continuous supply of power under almost all conditions.
A flooded lead acid battery bank is used for the storage medium. The system can be charged from
solar photovoltaic arrays, generators or from the power utility. When the grid power fails, the
system automatically supplies power to the load. These charger inverters are designed to be robust
and tough both mechanically and electrically. The inverters have 200% overload capacity and wide
operating temperature range designed for many harsh environments, custom designed for low maintenance,
off grid, remote installations. The system architecture guarantees optimal efficiency, maximizes system
reliability and results in extended equipment life
Stand Alone Modular Systems
Modules include solar, bartteries, inverters and generators
- Optionally 1 Solar Base and 1 Solar Add-on can be used for a power source
- for additional solar power use another 1 solar Base
- or Solar Base plus add-on for as many units as required
- Up to 6 Charger Inverters can be used in parallel, all of the same type
- 3 Charger Inverters provide 3 phase supply
Solar Module Details
The solar module comprises the following:-
- Solar Charger - The Solar charger is a 60A MPPT charger that can support 2 solar arrays. A charger is included in the Solar Base unit. The Solar Add-on does not include a solar charger. Any number of arrays can be supported, as long as there is a charger for each array pair.
- Mounting Structure - The mounting structure is a selection of hot dip galvanised angle iron sections, supplied flat that are bolted together using stainless steel bolts.
- Solar panels - There are 8 solar panels in an array 1400Wp at a nominal voltage of 48V. The panels have an aluminium frame that is bolted to the mounting structure above, using stainless steel bolts.
- Interconnection cables - These are snap together connectors to interconnect the solar panels.
- Termination block - Provides a termination point for the cable connecting the solar panels and the solar charger, mounted on the mounting structure.
- Array Footprint- The 1400Wp array has 8 of the 175Wp solar panels at the optimal inclination for the location. The footprint of the is 3500mm long by 3000mm wide.
Charger Inverter Module Details
These units are a powerful true sine wave inverter, a sophisticated battery charger that features adaptive charge technology, and a high-speed AC transfer switch in a single compact enclosure.
Two AC Outputs
The main output has no-break functionality. The unit takes over the supply to the connected loads in the event of a grid failure or when generator power is disconnected. This happens so fast (less than 20 milliseconds) that computers and other electronic equipment will continue to operate without disruption.
The second output is live only when AC is available on one of the inputs of the unit. Loads that should not discharge the battery, like a water heater for example, can be connected to this output.
Virtually unlimited power thanks to parallel operation Up to 6 units can operate in parallel to achieve higher power output.
Three phase capability
In addition to parallel connection, three units of the same model can be configured for three-phase output. But that’s not all: up to 6 sets of three units can be parallel connected for a huge 75 kW / 90 kVA inverter and more than 2000 Amps charging capacity.
“PowerAssist” allows the Unit to supplement the capacity of the alternative source. Where peak power is so often required only for a limited period, the Unit will make sure that insufficient shore or generator power is immediately compensated for by power from the battery. When the load reduces, the spare power is used to recharge the battery.
Battery Module Details
These lead acid batteries are configured into battery banks of 48V DC with three different capacity ratings.
The positive tubular plate construction incorporates low antimony lead alloy spines in complete contact with the active material, which is retained by an outer gauntlet. This enables the electrolyte to penetrate freely, ensuring a high power output per unit volume. The negative plate is of a highly porous paste on a lead alloy grid. This complements the positive plate construction, providing a balanced performance and superior life.
Separators are manufactured from micro porous polyethylene and have a generous overlap at top and bottom to eliminate the risk of short circuits. They are impervious to acid attack.
Contact us via email to get a quote