SOLAR GRID CONNECTED SOLUTIONS
Skip Navigation Links
||Eskom have a number of initiatives in progress to reduce the demand on their generation infrastructure. Within these
is a program supporting small-scale renewable energy solutions to further broaden the scope of optimal energy usage.
There are a number of requirements and conditions that need to be met to get Eskom rebates that will provide a well-defined
What can be achieved?
A solar panel will last for many years and are guaranteed to still be at 80% efficiency after 25 years. When used in a grid
connect configuration there are no batteries or other consumables in the design and hence an investment can be considered to be
for at least this period. There are some electronic interfaces to the power grid that will require replacement on electronic
component ware out but these are not considered a high risk.
|Recient Installs, 580kWp grid tied rooftop system in Westmead Pinetown.
See live and historical data
Grid Tied solutions
Project is based on a save range of 10kW to 1MW under this scheme and the key elements of the Eskom model are:-
- Focus on the 16 daytime hours between 6am and 10pm, weekdays only
- Pay for all self-consumed power within the time frame
- No payment, currently, for excess power fed into the Eskom network
- All based on a contract duration of three (3) years
- Applicable to any Industrial, Commercial or Agriculture customers.
This is a pilot scheme with a number of processes that need to be followed and once the documents are complete
the project approval by Eskom should not be longer than 1 month.
If you are interested in investigating a solution for an existing site we would need at least the following information.
1. Power usage, during the peak periods for summer and winter, can be an estimate at this stage
2. Location of the site and area available for solar panel mounting, roof, ground or other open areas north facing
3. Type of industry at the site
We need to consider renewable energy as an investment primarily but there is a clear payback period making the investment
viable. Items to be consider in the calculations are
- Eskom inflation (min) over next 5 years is 16%
- South African inflation rate 6%
- Installed Cost
- Operation and Management costs
- Loan interest rate 8%
- Eskom subsidy 3 years at R1.20 per kWh 5 days a week
- Carbon Credits @ R30 to R90 per ton (1.03MWh equal to 1 ton)
- Long term warranty
Contact us via email to get a quote